Thursday 21 November 2013

The Bell & Pot, Mercer Street, Stephen's Green, Dublin 2


Update: The Bell & Pot is now closed


Psst... Come here, I've been keeping a secret away from you guys for quite a while now. My good friend E. always knows when I'd like a place and she told be about the Bell and Pot during the summer. I've been there a few times now but never blogged about it.


The Bell and Pot  is a quirky cafe with a gorgeous interior. A soon as you enter the place you see the long wooden counter with the food on display and several colourful lampshades above it.


It's spacious and airy, perfect for all the girls out there who love to catch up with their friends over some tea served in a pretty pot.


The Bell & Pot offers a choice of sandwiches, soups, salads, and specials, they also have cakes, scones and other baked goods.




E. has been a vegetarian for a while now so she ordered the Green House, a sandwich with avocado, home dried plum tomato, red onion marmalade, basil feta and baby gem cos (€7). She ate it all without sharing a single bite, so that's probably a good sign.


The sandwiches are quite big, wrapped in pretty paper and served with a side salad.


I went for a meatier option, the Bell and Pot Rubin. A sandwich of pastrami, fennel infused red sauerkraut, mixed leaves and American mustard. I thought €7 was a bit much but it was actually a big and tasty sambo with plenty of pastrami in it.


After my lunch I admired the vintage decor.


There is a cosy little corner with armchairs and a sofa for serious conversations.


There are also 2 amazing looking armchairs where you could easily sit for hours.



I have to go back to try more items off the menu but I can already say I have a big café crush. I hope it doesn't get too crowded after I let out the secret, leave some room for me please!

The Bell and Pot
Mercer Street
Stephen's Green
Dublin 2
https://www.facebook.com/thebellandpot



This is an independent review, I paid for my meal. 





SHARE: